- B.A., University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Tennessee, 1979
- M.D., University of Tennessee Center for Health Services, Memphis, Tennessee 1983
- General Surgery, Methodist Hospital – Central Memphis, Tennessee 1985
- Orthopaedic Surgery, Campbell Foundation, Memphis, Tennessee 1989
began practice at UOS
American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, 1991
- Memphis and Shelby County Medical Society
- Tennessee Medical Association
- American Medical Association
- Knoxville Academy of Medicine, Inc.
- University Medical Associates, Inc.
- Willis C.Campbell Club
- Knoxville Orthopedic Society
- Tennessee Orthopaedic Society
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
UT Medical Center Professional Office Building F
1926 Alcoa Highway
Knoxville, TN 37920
Phone – 865.546.2663
11440 Parkside Drive,
Knoxville, TN 37934
Phone – 865.218.9300
E. Michael Holt, M.D.
E. Michael Holt, M.D., F.A.C.S. has been affiliated with University Orthopaedic Surgeons since 1989. Dr. Holt graduated from the University of Tennessee in 1979 with highest honors and finished in the top one-third of his class in medical school at the University of Tennessee College of Medicine in Memphis. He completed a general surgery internship at Methodist Hospital-Central and an orthopedic surgery internship at the Campbell Foundation, both in Memphis. A board Certified Orthopedic Surgeon, Dr. Holt is a Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons and a Clinical Instructor at the University of Tennessee Medical Center of Knoxville.
Dr. Holt's organizational affiliations include the Tennessee Medical Association, American Academy of Medicine, Knoxville Academy of Medicine, Knoxville Orthopedic Society, Tennessee Orthopedic Society, American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons and the Arthroscopy Association of North America.
An avid sports enthusiast, Dr. Holt has provided care for both high school and college athletes. He specializes in athletic injuries and sports medicine, adult reconstructive surgery and general orthopedic surgery, and especially trauma.
On a personal level, Dr. Holt enjoys playing golf and spending time with his family. He has coached his children’s soccer and basketball teams and participated in Boy Scouts of America as an assistant adult leader. Dr. Holt actively supports Christian Academy of Knoxville.